Vision of the Fish Forward project
With responsible buying decisions and product ranges, consumers and industry in Europe enable the recovery of fish stocks currently under pressure. Through this, they secure the future of millions of people, whose existence is dependent on fishing. Fish Forward pursues the following, long-term goals:
- Increase awareness of the relationship between fish consumption and its global effects on the environment and people – especially in developing countries.
- To secure and improve the livelihoods of fishing communities in Europe and developing countries through responsible and sustainable seafood production and fish consumption.
- Informed and responsible citizens make informed buying decisions.
- Increased responsible buying decisions by European consumers for sustainable fish and seafood products – also from developing countries.
- Responsible and sustainable product ranges traded in fish and seafood.
- The implementation of legal conditions for the production of sustainable fish and seafood.
- Promotion of responsible and sustainable fishing and fish farming methods.
- Support efforts to end illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing.