Vision of the Fish Forward project
- Increase awareness of the relationship between fish consumption and its global effects on the environment and people – especially in developing countries.
- To secure and improve the livelihoods of fishing communities in Europe and developing countries through responsible and sustainable seafood production and fish consumption.
- Informed and responsible citizens make informed buying decisions.
- Increased responsible buying decisions by European consumers for sustainable fish and seafood products – also from developing countries.
- Responsible and sustainable product ranges traded in fish and seafood.
- The implementation of legal conditions for the production of sustainable fish and seafood.
- Promotion of responsible and sustainable fishing and fish farming methods.
- Support efforts to end illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing.